- This event has passed.
Sunday Funday Dog Walk
October 25, 2020 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am
An event every week that begins at 9:30 am on Sunday, repeating until December 6, 2020
Hosted by Humane Society of Walden. Whether you amble, ramble, or scramble…we have a walk for you…and the dogs to go with it. All paces welcome – meandering to marathon! Our shelter dogs LOVE strolling in the woods.
Here’s how the dogs benefit from our Sunday morning walks:
– a much-needed break from the shelter environment
– Dogs are totally engaged during outings in the park. Barking, spinning, and jumping behaviors fade away.
– The dogs return to the shelter happy, tired, and ready to relax.
– An opportunity to reinforce basic commands in a new environment.
– Provides the dogs an opportunity to socialize with strangers, make a good impression, and maybe even find a forever home.
– Gives exposure to other dogs in the park and can practice and show off their good manners.
These outings are an excellent source of exercise and the best gift you can give to these pups – short of adopting one!
Meet at the shelter at 9:30 a.m. on Sundays to be matched with the perfect pup. Walking guidelines will be discussed. We will transport the dogs in our van (we can hold 4-5 dogs only) or you can use your car. We are usually back at the shelter by noon. Masks and social distancing are required.